1. What are the redemption prices per certificate per unit size?
Studio $ 279 per week ( $40 per night )
One Bedroom $ 359 per week ( $ 51 per night )
Two Bedroom $ 399 per week ( $57 per night )
2. What can I expect with my Rewards Pass certificate?
Condos at more than 100 worldwide destinations for less than $ 57 per night.
Destinations include Orlando, Las Vegas, Cancún, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America and more.
3. How long in advance can I reserve my accommodations?
Up to 180 days in advance.
4. I purchased a Rewards Pass certificate – what happens next?
An e-mail acknowledging your transaction will be sent to the e-mail address you specify. A final confirmation certificate will also be delivered via e-mail as an attachment. If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation within a few minutes after booking, you might not have properly concluded the transaction.
5. How do I redeem my Rewards Pass certificate?
- Log in to DreamVacationWeek.com to make a reservation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Enter your certificate number and the Security Code you received online.
- Select up to six destinations-and-month combinations from the online chart. (✔) indicates projected availability for that destination/month.
- Select a resort that matches your desired destination and travel dates. Please note that check-in and check-out days vary by resort. During the booking process, you will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions and provide payment information.
- You will receive and email confirmation after you complete the transaction.
6. Why didn't I see any results from my search?
You did not see any results because no availabilities matched your search. Inventory is in high demand – but we're also adding new availabilities frequently. You can expand your travel dates or select another destination and re-submit your search, or you can try your search again later.
7. How long is my Rewards Pass certificate valid?
Each Rewards Pass certificate contains an expiration date. The certificate must be used prior to the stated expiration date.
8. Can I purchase a Rewards Pass certificate for less than seven nights?
No. However, even though the Rewards Pass certificates are only in one-week increments, you do not have to stay every night. For example, if the week runs from Friday to Friday, you can check-in on a later day, but you still have to check-out on or before the following Friday. You must pay the full price for the week regardless of how many nights you plan to stay.
9. I can't check-in on the first day the rental begins – is this a problem?
No problem. You can check-in on a later day. If you plan to arrive after the designated check-in date, you need to call the resort in advance to make late check-in arrangements. You may check-out at any time during your stay. However, you must pay the full price for the week, regardless of how many nights you stay.
10. Can I purchase a Rewards Pass certificate for travel during the holidays?
Yes, if units are available for purchase.
11. Will I be required to attend a presentation or take a timeshare tour?
No. However, if timeshare units are available for purchase at the resort, you may be given an opportunity to attend a presentation. If you want to attend the presentation, you are welcome to do so, but there is NO requirement to attend a sales presentation.
12. Can I sell my Rewards Pass certificate?
No. Rewards Pass certificates may not be sold or exchanged for cash.
13. Are any resort accommodations wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Many of the resorts have units that are wheelchair accessible. For additional information, please refer to the Resort Details & Photos section, under the Amenities tab on the web site.
14. Do studios or efficiencies have kitchens?
Some studios and efficiencies have limited kitchens. Please check the Resort Details & Photos section for the resort of interest to you for additional information.
15. Can I bring my pet?
Very few resorts allow pets. Please check the Resort Details & Photos section for the resort on the web site for additional information or contact the resort directly, prior to making your reservation.
16. Is this a secure Web site – is it safe to shop here?
Yes. When you purchase a Rewards Pass certificate online, your personal identifiable information and credit card information are encrypted using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. Credit card information is not stored on our Web servers. We employ state of the art security firewalls and network-based intrusion detection monitors to protect personally identifiable information.
17. Are there terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of a Rewards Pass certificate?
Yes. Please view our Terms and Conditions for complete details. In order to purchase and use a Rewards Pass certificate, you must agree to such Terms and Conditions.
18. How will my information be used?
19. Can I get a refund if I cancel my confirmed Rewards Pass certificate?
No. All bookings are final and no changes or refunds are allowed. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for complete detail.
Check-In Date – The assigned date and day of week the vacation rental begins. Commencing on the check-in date, the seven-day vacation condominium rental period begins. For example, if the check-in date is on a Friday, the vacation rental ends on the following Friday. You need not check-in on the specific check-in date, but it is strongly advised that you contact the resort to inform them of the date you plan to arrive. Arrival on a date other than the check-in date does not extend the vacation condominium rental period beyond the scheduled check-out day.
Check-In Time – The time at which you may check-in to the vacation condominium rental. If you are unable to check-in at such time, please contact the vacation condominium (the telephone number appears on the confirmation certificate) in advance as you may need to make special arrangements. Check-in and check-out times vary by vacation condominium, so please see your confirmation certificate for exact times.
Maximum (non-private) / Private Occupancy – Maximum occupancy refers to the maximum number of people a vacation condominium will accommodate; private occupancy refers to the number of people that a vacation condominium will accommodate allowing for two people per separate sleeping area with private access to a bathroom. For example, a two-bedroom unit can accommodate four people privately, but can sleep six people in total.